ANN: MiniSQLBackup 1.6.8 released - 06-14-2004 , 12:24 PM
yohz Software is proud to announce the release of MiniSQLBackup 1.6.8 for
SQL Server 2000. MiniSQLBackup is an application that compresses backup
files during a SQL Server backup process, and decompresses the same files
during the restore process. Additionally, you have the option to encrypt
the backup files. Prices for MiniSQLBackup starts at USD 99/- for a single
New in version 1.6.8
- Mirrored backups are now possible. This means that multiple backup files
are created, each independent of one another. This allows you to have
additional redundancy to protect from disk failures during the backup
- Extended stored procedure interface added. This means you can now run
MiniSQLBackup processes while connected to the database server remotely.
- Added ability to read some header information without requiring SQL
Server to be installed.
- Added extended SQL syntax to read the MiniSQLBackup header e.g. RESTORE
MSBHEADERONLY FROM DISK = 'e:\pubs.msb'.
- Added extended SQL syntax to convert MSB files to MTF format e.g. CONVERT
'e:\pubs.msb' TO 'e:\pubs.bak'
- Added support for delimited database names in SQL syntax e.g. [pubs].
- Added support for STOPAT function for log restores.
- Misc other improvements.
Visit http://www.yohz.com for more details. Thank you.