SQL DBA needed in Monrovia, Ca. - 03-16-2005 , 10:09 AM
Im leaving my company and trying to help out with finding my replacement.
Below is the job posting as listed on Dice. Please note this position is for
a real DBA. Not a Developer or Network Admin with some DBA skills, but a
real DBA. Send resumes to itjobs (AT) nextestate (DOT) com. If you mention "Chris may
know me from SQL newsgroups" I may be able to help out with a referral. It's
a great company and if it wasn't for my moving out of state I'd stay here
Location: Monrovia, CA
Area code: 626
Tax term: FULLTIME
Pay rate: BOE
Position ID: DBA
Dice ID: RTL79325
Next Estate is America*s leading provider of prepaid MasterCard cards.
Today, our products can be found in over 37000 retailers from coast to
coast. In fact, every 25 seconds around the clock, someone makes a purchase
using a Next Estate prepaid MasterCard. Learn more about us at
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package including
Medical, (HMO & PPO), Dental, Vision benefits, 401k Plan, Life Insurance,
paid vacation, holidays and sick time. Employees enjoy a casual dress and
fun team environment!
Based in Monrovia, California, Next Estate Communications, is seeking
a Microsoft SQL Server DBA who will be responsible for the design,
deployment, and maintenance of our database. Our application incorporates
web services and back end business objects built with Microsoft VB6, VB.Net,
ASP.Net, C#.Net. As our primary DBA this individual will be responsible for
schema design, documentation, production, migration, as well as the tuning
and maintenance of existing and new stored procedures. Applicant must have
significant MS SQL Server setup and maintenance experience in a business
Microsoft SQL Server 2000
* Primary DBA for our collocated Production SQL Server 2000 databases.
* Review and deployment of new or revised triggers and stored
* Assist, direct, or implement performance tuning on a live database
* Day to day direction of remote DBA staff.
Required Skills and Experience:
* Requires 3-5+ years of MS SQL experience including performance
tuning, security, triggers, stored procedures, queries, DTS packages, and
replication of live production databases.
* Independent self starter willing to work with little or no
oversight, as and when the job requires.
* Ability to work with reporting and development staff to define and
deploy table changes and stored procedures as required maintaining and
enhancing our product.
* Ability to hire and train a junior DBA.
* BS in Computer Science or related field.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
Additional, Desired Competencies:
* Recent management of a mission critical production database.
* Recent experience with performance tuning an active database.
* Microsoft certification(s).
* Recent experience with data integrity and security of production SQL
Please send resume to itjobs (AT) nextestate (DOT) com
Next Estate Communications is an equal opportunity employer.
Travel required: none
RE: SQL DBA needed in Monrovia, Ca. - 03-16-2005 , 11:01 AM
Interesting enough, I saw that post last night and I sent in my resume since
I live in Arcadia. Obviously I didn't put in "Chris may know me from SQL
Re: SQL DBA needed in Monrovia, Ca. - 03-16-2005 , 11:23 AM
I just sent an email to your private email account. Please check ASAP.
"Jack" <Jack (AT) discussions (DOT) microsoft.com> wrote