any experience with DTS export packages for exporting data to Access97/2000/..? - 01-18-2005 , 06:57 AM
I have already posted some messages in this newsgroups, but still
haven't got any clues..
I am trying to run a SQL 7 DTS package on a MSDE 1.0 machine
I will explain the situation here:
On y development machine (XP, SQL 2000):
- I have a SQL 2000 database which has been exported to SQL 7. No
- From this SQL 7 database (on another machine), a DTS Export package
has been created for exporting the data to MS Access
- package has been saved as an structured storage file
- a VB program uses SQL-DMO to set some package properties and step
property (ExecuteInMainThread). Only SQL7 DMO has been used (no
- the VB program has one input parameter, which is the desired MDB
filename. Using this filename the VB program will create an empty
- VB program runs fine, using the SQL 2000 database
When I attach my SQL 7 database to MSDE 1.0 on a - Windows 98 - test
machine and put the VB program also here, I tried to run the program.
Then I get an
"unspecified error" at the first step "Create Table Beleidsvariant
Step", which should create an table in MSAccess.
Does anyone have had any experiences, difficulties wrt exporting to
Thanks and best regards,