MySQL Connector/J 3.1.3 BETA Has Been Released - 07-08-2004 , 03:37 PM
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
MySQL Connector/J 3.1.3, a new version of the Type-IV all-Java JDBC
driver for MySQL has been released.
Version 3.1.3 is the first BETA release of the 3.1 series that is
suitable for use with either MySQL-4.1 or MySQL-5.0 (and is required
when using server-side prepared statements on MySQL-4.1.2 or newer).
It is now available in source and binary form from the Connector/J
download pages at http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j/3.1.html
as well as mirror sites (note that not all mirror sites may be up to
date at this point of time - if you can't find this version on some
mirror, please try again later or choose another download site.)
Please note that currently server-side prepared statements are
automatically disabled in this release when the driver is connecting to
MySQL-5.0.0 or MySQL-5.0.1, as the current prepared statement code from
the 4.1 branch (which contains network protocol-level changes) has yet
to be merged into the 5.0 source tree.
The focus of the next few releases of Connector/J 3.1 is on code cleanup
and performance improvements (although micro-performance benchmarks are
looking pretty good right now, approx 25-30% faster than the 3.0 series
due mostly to shortening call stack length and some optimizations in
re-using expensive to allocate objects).
Have fun with this release!
Please take the time to file any bugs you might encounter (hopefully
none!) at http://bugs.mysql.com/ ... We're particularly interested in
any issues you might have with this release and MySQL-4.1.3 with respect
to server-side prepared statements.
~From the changelog:
07-07-04 - Version 3.1.3-beta
- - Mangle output parameter names for CallableStatements so they
will not clash with user variable names.
- - Added support for INOUT parameters in CallableStatements.
- - Fix for BUG#4119, null bitmask sent for server-side prepared
statements was incorrect.
- - Use SQL Standard SQL states by default, unless 'useSqlStateCodes'
property is set to 'false'.
- - Added packet debuging code (see the 'enablePacketDebug' property
- - Added constants for MySQL error numbers (publicly-accessible, see
com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlErrorNumbers), and the ability to generate the
mappings of vendor error codes to SQLStates that the driver uses (for
- - Externalized more messages (on-going effort).
- - Fix for BUG#4311 - Error in retrieval of mediumint column with
prepared statements and binary protocol.
- - Support new timezone variables in MySQL-4.1.3 when 'useTimezone=true'
- - Support for unsigned numerics as return types from prepared statements.
This also causes a change in ResultSet.getObject() for the 'bigint
unsigned' type, which used to return BigDecimal instances, it now
returns instances of java.lang.BigInteger.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
MySQL Java Mailing List
For list archives: http://lists.mysql.com/java
To unsubscribe: http://lists.mysql.com/java?unsub=my...ie.nctu.edu.tw