MySQL Connector/ODBC 3.51.19 is available! - 08-10-2007 , 02:50 PM
Dear MySQL users,
MySQL Connector/ODBC 3.51.19, a new version of the ODBC driver for the
MySQL database system, has been released. This release is the latest
release of the 3.51 series and is suitable for use with any MySQL
version including MySQL 4.1, 5.0, or 5.1.
While we consider this a production release, we recommend caution in
upgrading due to changes in our build procedures, and the large number
of bug fixes that have gone into the most recent releases.
The release is now available in source and binary form for a number of
platforms from our download pages at
and mirror sites. Note that not all mirror sites may be up to date at this
point in time, so if you can't find this version on some mirror, please try
again later or choose another download site.
We welcome and appreciate your feedback, bug reports, bug fixes, patches,
* There are no installer packages for Microsoft Windows x64 Edition.
* There is no binary package for Mac OS X on 64-bit PowerPC because Apple
does not currently provide a 64-bit PowerPC version of iODBC.
* The HP-UX 11.23 IA64 binary package does not include the GUI bits because
of problems building Qt on that platform.
* The binary packages for Sun Solaris are only provided as tarballs, not
the PKG format.
Changes since the last release:
Functionality added or changed:
* Because of Bug #10491 in the server, character string results were
sometimes incorrectly identified as SQL_VARBINARY. Until this server
bug is corrected, the driver will identify all variable-length
strings as SQL_VARCHAR.
Changes since the 3.51.17 release:
Functionality added or changed:
* A binary package without an installer is available for Microsoft Windows
* Binary packages as disk images with installers are now available
for Mac OS X.
* Binary packages for Sun Solaris are available as PKG packages.
* Added FLAG_MULTI_STATEMENTS to allow issuing queries that contain
multiple statements. Also added to the setup GUI. (Bug #7445)
* Removed support for the TRACE and TRACEFILE DSN options. The standard
ODBC logging should be used.
* Added support for SQL_ATTR_ROW_BIND_OFFSET_PTR in normal cursors.
* Added SSL options to the GUI setup dialog.
* SQLColumns() incorrectly reported that an auto-incrementing
field was not nullable. (Bug #14407)
* SQLColumns() incorrectly reported that an auto-updating timestamp
field was not nullable. (Bug #14414)
* Lengths returned by SQLColumns(), SQLDescribeCol(), and SQLColAttribute()
were often incorrect. These lengths should now conform to the ODBC
specification. FLAG_FIELD_LENGTH no longer has any effect. The default
behavior was incorrect. (Bug #27862)
* The SQL_DATA_TYPE column in SQLColumns() results did not report the
correct value for date and time types.
* The SQL_DATETIME_SUB column in SQLColumns() was not correctly set for
date and time types.
* The value for SQL_DESC_FIXED_PREC_SCALE was not returned correctly
for decimal values in MySQL 5.0 and later.
* The wrong value from SQL_DESC_LITERAL_SUFFIX was returned for binary
* The wrong value for SQL_DESC_TYPE was returned for date and time types.
* The wrong value for DECIMAL_DIGITS in SQLColumns() was reported for
FLOAT and DOUBLE fields, as well as the wrong value for the scale
parameter to SQLDescribeCol(), and the SQL_DESC_SCALE attribute
* MySQL BIT(n) fields were always treated as SQL_BIT data. When n > 1,
they are now treated as binary data.
* If the connection character set was set to a multibyte character set,
such as UTF-8, the wrong column size was reported. (Bug #19345)
* SQLSpecialColumns() returned all TIMESTAMP fields when queried for
SQL_ROWVER, not just an auto-updating TIMESTAMP field. (Bug #9927, still
limited by Bug #30081 in the server.)
* SQLConnect() and SQLDriverConnect() were rewritten to eliminate duplicate
code and ensure all options were supported using both connection methods.
SQLDriverConnect() now only requires the setup library to be present when
the call requires it.
* SQLColumns() failed when a catalog was specified due to an
incorrectly-generated query. (Bug #29888)
* SQLGetTypeInfo() returned incorrect information for date and time
fields, and would not return results when queried for the SQL_DATETIME
type. (Bug #28657)
* myodbc3i did not honor the 's' and 'u' modifier to the -d option for
installing the driver as a system or user driver. (Bug #29964)
* Tables from the mysql database (catalog) were listed as SYSTEM TABLES
by SQLTables() even when a different catalog was being queried. This
also introduced errors due to the fix for Bug #26934. (Bug #28662)
MySQL ODBC Mailing List
For list archives: http://lists.mysql.com/myodbc
To unsubscribe: http://lists.mysql.com/myodbc?unsub=...ie.nctu.edu.tw